Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The wanderer returns

OK, so I've been gone for a while, figuratively speaking. I appreciate that and apologise profusely. In fairness though, most people I know will have been in touch with me via e-mail or facebook so it doesn't really matter. In fact, I'm not entirely sure who I'm writing this for. Is it therapy? Probably. Who knows?

So. Due to the two years or so of missing information I've decided to write and update you all, whoever you are. There may be several updates over a few weeks if that's what's required. But the question is where to start? New jobs, houses, children (not mine I ought to point out), friends leaving, new friends arriving, friends floating in the water for 19 hours, cyclones, missing cats. It's a long story, so you might want to make a cup of tea before you start reading....

I guess a quick rundown would be the best way to start and then I can do the rest another day, so here we go....

Career: I was working at Calypso as tour leader on Greta. I left there in September of 2006 to work as tour leader on the liveaboard Colona VI. A great time was had by all....well, by me at least! Stayed there for a year and then moved on to work as tour leader on another liveaboard, MV Philkade with Aquamarine divers. Why? An awesome boat that just didn't seem to have the reputation around Phuket that it seemed to deserve. I like a challenge. It gave me a chance to work with Kerry, my girlfriend. New areas to dive. All of those in no particular order.

Home Life: Was living in Kata with Kerry. Moved only a month or so ago to a fancy house in Chalong, still with Kerry. There were three cats as well, but due to some.....shall we say, 'forgetting to look after' incidents by house mates who were only given one task, we now have none. Although we know that one of them is still alive, he just moved out. And I don't blame him. Went to Spain to see my parents and even managed to fit some friends in. Parents came here to see me. Went to England with work and managed to see a little of the place and some old friends.

Friends: Many many people have left Phuket, and most of them I was sorry to say goodbye to. Though not all. Some people have arrived, and I even like a few of them. And still more have left, and then returned......though some returned and then left again. Confused? I know I am. A few have had babies with eachother; an interesting life style choice that remains completely alien to me. We will come back to all of these.

There you go then. A two minute update. Easy.

I'll be back.

No comments: